We would like to recommend you some tips to have a great trip in Hue.
- If you intend to visit historical sites such as Citadel or pagodas, please don’t wear shorts and tank top because the guard might not allow you to come in.
- Please don’t forget to ask the driver if waiting time is charged or not.
- The white and yellow taxies will be cheaper than green ones.
- Motorbike renting costs from 80.000vnd to 120.000vnd/ day, so please bargain if the cost is made higher.
- If you are vegetarians, make sure that the waiters understand it clearly before ordering. In case they don’t know what you want to express, write these words on a small paper and give them: “Tôi ăn chay.”(I am vegetarian). “Tôi không ăn thịt heo” (I don’t eat pork). Or you can enjoy your meal in some vegetarian restaurants such as Lien Hoa restaurant – Le Quy Don Street
- Don’t forget to ask for the price if it is not showed in the menu before ordering.
- Take a chance to try special food in Hue such as Bun bo, banh beo, banh nam, banh loc, etc.
- Exchange your money before shopping or starting your trip in Hue because paying by card is not common here.
- Please count your money carefully because Vietnamese money has a lot of “0”.
- Put your bags in front of your stomach and keep your eyes on the wallet if you go to the market to watch out for pickpockets.
- Don’t forget to bargain if you want to buy something.
Have a good time in Hue and feel free to contact us via [email protected] if you need further information.